Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Iron Man 2 (2010)

I *love* the first Iron Man and went into this one with high expectations. I love Robert Downey Jr. and was on board with swapping out the personally creepy Terrence Howard for Don Cheadle. I'm not normally a fan of Scarlett Johansson but I was willing to give her a shot.

I enjoyed the film but it's not as much as I would have liked it to be.

First, I HATE when there are scenes in previews that are not in the movie. Downey jumping off the building saying "You complete me" was ALL over the previews but not in the film.

Second, if I can come up with a solution to the problem, it needs to be addressed and explained why it won't work otherwise I assume you're dumb and didn't think of it. Slight spoiler--if Scarlett can reboot War Machine, why can't she just reboot the bad robots? At least make her try and not quite get it done.

Third, Paltrow needs to stop walking as if she actually has a stick up her ass. I'm a fan of her but, Jesus, pencil skirts do not do that on their own--ask Scarlett.

Fourth, I'm gonna need some of those Buddha lamps he has in his workshop.

No comments: