Friday, June 6, 2008

Stardom (2000)

I'm going to stop allowing the Time Warner Cable tv guide thingamajig tell me what it thinks good movies are. This one had three stars (of 4 I assume because I've never seen one with 5). The same amount as Little Miss Sunshine--which I think is brilliant. This movie, not brilliant. Not even close. No shimmer of goodness about it.

It's supposed to be a mockumentary about a young Canadian girl who is plucked from obscurity (and a wealth of daddy issues) to become the next big super model (and referred to as American for the rest of the movie) who then has men line up to take advantage of her in various ways. It's not a mockumentary. That's just all there is to it. It does not fit the genre. It's also not funny. Or interesting really. Not even in a bad way. It's actually pretty boring and it's only 100 minutes long.

Give it a skip.

No comments: