Saturday, June 14, 2008

Creature from the Black Lagoon (1954)

I'll admit to only halfway watching this one. I was a little weary of the old sci-fi movies--J, however, is on a roll watching all of these. So I sort of kind of watched while doing other things. This one isn't as bad--at least not when I'm half occupied doing other things which may have made all the difference.

Anyway, it's about a team of scientists who journey to the Amazon find a creature (yep, one from the black lagoon). Several people die at the hands of the creature whom they proceed to chase, capture, lose, shoot, and, in general, annoy. But this one, in contrast to the others I've seen this week, has an actual suspenseful plot that functions to keep the viewer interested.

It's fine. If you like monster movies or old sci-fi it's worth a watch.

No comments: