Saturday, May 31, 2008

The Pursuit of Happyness (2006)

I was still sick. It was on tv after Catch and Release. I watched it. I didn't like it as much as Catch and Release.

Will Smith is a down on his luck independent medical scanner salesman whose wife leaves him and then tries to take his son away. He then has to sink down to a little below rock bottom before he can rise to the top. Ok, fine.

But how does he have that kid in daycare everyday when he doesn't have any money at all? I mean right after the IRS takes him money and he has $100 more or less. How is the kid in daycare then?

It was fine. I was proud of him. It just didn't catch my attention all that much. I felt like I knew what was going to happen but, unlike Catch and Release watched just before, it tried to hard and failed for that reason. It's not as bad as I thought it would be but I still didn't really like it.

No comments: