Thursday, December 6, 2007

No Country for Old Men (2007) (nat)

Not my first choice of a movie to see but I saw it because it seems like it may come into play come awards season and Joel was willing to watch it again with me (and what better way is there to avoid unpacking than going to a movie?) Anyway, I can't say there is anything wrong with the movie. It's beautifully filmed with very interesting shots, the acting is superb, the storyline is tight. Well, the exceptions are a vomit scene, a scene involving multiple needle injections, a dog being shot, and a good bit of gore but none of that is particularly gratuitous or played for shock. But it's just not a movie I especially like. It didn't speak to me at all really even though I was never bored while watching it. Worth seeing but I'm not promising it will be a favorite although Joel liked it a good deal.

No comments: