Saturday, October 6, 2007

My Darling Clementine (1946) (nat)

This movie makes me go back to my original assertion that I do not, in fact, like westerns. Another version of the Tombstone/Wyatt Earp/Doc Holliday/OK Corral shoot-out/civilize the west story, My Darling Clementine just isn't that interesting. Wyatt Earp decides to become Marshall of Tombstone after his younger brother is shot and killed and their cattle stolen by the Clanton family (he suspects, no solid proof yet). He befriends Doc Holliday who is playing both sides of the fence with women, a fiery Mexican woman and a innocent fiancee he left back East. Holliday also has a nasty cough . . . Earp takes a liking to Clementine (the fiancee). Blah Blah Blah. Shoot out. Dead bad guys. Dead morally ambiguous guys (and girls). The truly good live to ride again. I just don't care. Not one bit.

No comments: