Monday, October 22, 2007

Clerks (1994) (nat)

I think I needed to have seen this one when I was younger (well, meaning closer to the release of the movie). Then I would have loved it. I like it now but only sort of chuckled at the funny parts . . . . except Silent Bob dancing, that made the whole movie for me but we all know how I feel about awkward running and funny dancing in movies.

Everyone else on earth has seen it--but it's about a day in the lives of a convenience store clerk and a movie rental store clerk including a hockey game, a chewing gum rep who rebukes cigarette smoking, a dead guy in the bathroom, a wake for a dead ex-girlfriend, encounters with the current girlfriend, the reappearance of another ex-girlfriend and her encounter with the dead guy in the bathroom . . . .

It's funny and I'm glad I saw it but I like the Kevin Smith movies I saw closer to their release date better: Mallrats, Chasing Amy, Dogma, even Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back.

No comments: