Monday, March 24, 2008

Smokin' Aces (2006)

What?

I can't even give you a plot summary. Lots of things happen involving the following actors: Ryan Reynolds, Ray Liotta, Wayne Newton, Jeremy Piven, Ben Affleck, Andy Garcia, Common, Alicia Keys, Taraji P. Henson, Jason Bateman, Matthew Fox . . . . and those are just the ones that have names I know off hand. And, they're all main characters, not that that phrase has much meaning here. Loosely, lots of these people are trying to execute a hit on Jeremy Piven, some are FBI, some are wackos, some are professional hit-persons. Regardless, it's a convoluted mess that does not, by any stretch of the imagination, add up to the bizarre twist at the end.

Really, don't bother watching this--it was a complete waste of my time even when I was desperately looking to waste my time.

No comments: