Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The Changeling (2008)

Normally, the longer I am away from a movie, the more I think it might have been ok if it was only so-so. Not so much with this one. The movie is about a mother whose son goes missing and is replaced with an impostor and the police who make the situation so much worse (and the one policeman who breaks the case). The film is gorgeous. I wish all of the clothes were in my closet. I am sorry for the mother. I dislike the policemen. I am sorry for all the other mothers and children. I bristle at the psych ward. But I don't really care. I love Jolie. I am a fan, in this film at least, of Malcovich. I like the Burn Notice guy who was the bad cop. I like Amy whosit from Gone Baby Gone. They all did a wonderful job of acting. But I don't care. Too much was thrown out with no real depth given to any of them. And I am so not a fan of Eastwood's faux-endings. I understand it's part of this story in a way but I feel he relies on them a tad too much and it just makes me tired of the whole thing by the time it ends. I'm sure it will be nominated for something. Might even win. But I don't care.

No comments: